As seen on Active Self Protection...
A full arsenal of protection
The names are part of history: Smith & Wesson firearms. Garand rifles. Luger pistols. Thompson machine guns. Bowie knives. Colt firearms. And many more. Providing insurance for iconic objects like these demands a special understanding of their unique status and the needs of those who collect them.
We offer comprehensive coverage including, but not limited to, Accidental Breakage, Burglary, Fire, Flood (except Zones A & V), Mail Loss, Natural Disasters, and Theft as well as other causes of loss (see exclusions). And your coverage travels with you. At home and away, coverage is provided for any scheduled location in the United States – Travel, Exhibitions, Storage facilities.
Collectibles Insurance Services has been helping protect cherished collections since 1966. Our decades long experience in protecting antique to modern gun, knife and edged weapon collections of all sizes, including ammo, accessories and gun safes, translates into superior protection that values your collection as much as you do. That’s why we provide equally valuable features in coverage.
- Proven and trusted coverage - We have been protecting collections since 1966. And all coverage is provided by a carrier rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best—the leading rating agency for the entire insurance industry.
- Superior customer service - We were started by collectors, so it’s only natural that our customer service comes from a place of keen insight into our collector’s point of view.
- Prompt and personal claim service - As experienced specialists in collectibles, we make every effort to ensure that your claim is settled as quickly and completely as possible.
- Affordable rates - Typically, you will pay less than it would cost to schedule the same items under a homeowners policy.
- Less paperwork and appraisal expense - Unlike homeowners insurance, we do not require you to inventory every item in your collection separately or pay to have them appraised. Only individual items or sets valued at $25,000 or more will need to be scheduled. And no serial numbers are required to insure your collection. You are, however, responsible for maintaining records of your collection for insurance purposes.
- Deductibles start at $0 - Coverage is provided for the market value of your collection for losses in excess of $50. All dealer policies have a $200 deductible.
- Coverage that grows with you - Collections tend to grow, as can your policy by adjusting coverage to include any additions to your collection.
- Inflation coverage - You may select “Automatic Monthly Increase” as optional coverage to be added to your policy for new acquisitions and appreciation of your existing collection. Selecting this coverage will apply an automatic monthly increase of 1% in coverage, up to a maximum of $1 million.
- Dealer coverage - We also offer special Dealers Insurance to protect your inventory and your clients’ collections.
Give us a try and find out for yourself just how prompt and personal our service can be. Simply click here for a price quote. To speak directly to a representative, call us toll-free at 888-837-9537.